Monday, April 27, 2009

Still In The Hospital...

Because I had expressed my reservations (ok, I guess technically the doctor shared them as well...)about sending Rosie home to a house where her first symptoms were basically ignored/overlooked and there is smoke and animal exposure and the fact that she did need a little oxygen as she slept last night, her doctor had no problem keeping her here another day. As much of an inconvience this is right now, I'll rest easier knowing she had an extra day of IV drugs and nightly pulse-ox monitoring. She is acting fine, by the way. Happy and cheerful and bringing smiles to all those caring for her. My friend is actually her day nurse today and will probably be tomorrow, so that has been nice. Steve actually has off tomorrow for other reasons (I have Owen's speech IEP in the morning and we having a meeting at church tomorrow afternoon) so it should work out well that we are *hopefully* discharged. We were also tentatively scheduled to check out a potential (15 passenger...YIKES!) van tomorrow, but that may have to be pushed back another day. Overall, things look good and Rosie's lungs sound better. Let's hope she can hold her pulse-ox up tonight.