Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fun Weekend


We had a pretty fun weekend, as the title suggests. Not too much work done, which kind of puts me behind for this week, but that's what happens when you play too much.

Friday was a snow day for the kids and a day off for Steve. The kids all went outside when Daddy did. Eddie came crying back in 5 minutes later. Coughing and breathing kind of funny. I decided to take him in the pediatrician and he had a nebulizer treatment and now has an inhaler. He also has an ear infection. The doctor thinks it probably didn't completely clear up from last month with H1N1, so he's on an antibiotic also.


Saturday we went sledding, and except Owen going off a ramp, flipping, and landing on his head (OUCH!), it was great. Sunny, not freezing cold, really nice day. Then I went shopping to finish up Christmas presents. I found the greatest candle for myself :) I think I am done. Just have to wrap now.

This is the finale run we always do...nicknamed "Delta Force." Everyone all piled on and holding hands.


Today we had the preschool Christmas program. Teresa was "Star #1" and had the first line of the play they did. She did great. Really likes singing into the microphone too. Now she wants to be in more shows. I know there is a local theater group, but I think they want older kids. Something to think about, anyway. Liam was "Chicken #1" and he said his line great also. He wasn't as into the whole show thing like Teresa was. When he decided to sing, it was good, nice and loud so we could hear but there were plenty of times he was just not that interested in singing. We also have him on tape picking his nose a few times. Wonderful.

Things are really starting to wind down for Christmas...

Tomorrow I have my Mom's Club Christmas party. Fun!

The school called earlier tonight to let us know there will not be any tomorrow because they are having boiler problems. Tuesday they can wear jeans and sweatshirts and warm clothes.

Wednesday is the big kids' Christmas program. Reminder - I have to bring cookies.

Thursday the kids won't be at school because we have the court hearing to finalize the adoption. Big kids miss their class Christmas parties but we're going to have a party here with friends after. And court should be fun. I heard that Santa will be there.

Friday is Teresa's Christmas party that Liam is also going to since he will miss his class party Thursday. I heard that Santa will be there. Hopefully that doesn't create any questions from Teresa and Liam. They are both very observant kids and will notice differences in appearance and voice.

Then they are home for 2 weeks. OK, I should really be wrapping now...

No comments:

Post a Comment