Saturday, May 16, 2009

Grand Rapids Public Museum








Our trip today started out wonderfully. The ending could have been better. Steve and I had already planned that if we lasted 90 minutes there without major meltdowns or losing anyone it would be a successful outing. We were there about 2 hours, no major meltdowns and we left with all 7 kids, but I guess we should have had the "puke clause" because on our way out, at the last bathroom stop, Matthew threw up 3 times in the restroom. Then a few more in the bus car on the way home, then still more once at home. He had been complaining of stomach pain since after lunch, but it seemed lower (more like gas). Sometimes during the trip he'd be fine, other times he be looking for a seat to sit down for a little bit. After an hour nap he woke up feeling fine and hungry. He went to bed begging for some more toast, but I think eating too much, too soon is what brought on today's episode. He and Owen were both throwing up early Friday morning, but had seemed fine once I called school to let them know they would be out.

Speaking of Friday, Rosa had her orthopedic appointment. Everything is looking great at this point. She goes back in about 2 weeks for more x-rays, unwrapping, and will probably have the pins pulled out. She may be casted at that point for another couple of weeks, or not, depending on how the x-rays look.

All in all (even with the puking) I would say this was a successful adventure. Which is good because I want to get our money's worth out of our membership. Next time we tackle the planetarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment