I was going to title this "Our New Car" but that would be an understatement. I'm not sure you can get a bigger vehicle without going to a special license endorsement. My salesman delivered it to us this afternoon. While my mechanic assures me it is a "van," and the title lists its body type as a "station wagon," the disturbing thing is that my car insurance lady classifies it as a "bus." We now drive a bus. Let that sink in for a minute. A bus. That just blows me away. I guess it's like those prissy moms that would rue the day they have to drive a mini-van. I never thought I would need to rue the day a bus will be my family's mode of transportation.
It's a 2006 Ford E350 SuperDuty XLT (whatever that means) with less than 35000 miles. 15 passenger, so yes, come along and we can carpool. Actually our plan is to remove the last row of seats to have a place to put things like groceries or backpacks or coolers or whatever. That brings it down to only 2 extra seats.
It does drive really nicely. We took it over to Nani's to show it off, then we stopped by the bald eagles but since we didn't bring binoculars we couldn't see anything but a huge nest, although a guy there assured us that one was there. I guess the other was out gathering food. Do eagles gather? Or hunt? Whatever. Still not sure about backing up around other cars, such as in a parking lot. Not sure about parking in a parking lot, for that matter. But driving forward, I got that one covered.
ETA: By the way, I am turning the comments back on.