Wednesday, October 28, 2009
H1N1
Oliver came home from school yesterday saying he was chilly. It was relatively warm out and he had his hood up and jacket zipped. Took his temp and it was 102. Rosa said she had a sore throat yesterday. Took her temp...it was fine. I told her to drink some water. This morning Oliver still had a low temp but complained a few times about his ear hurting. Rosa woke up about ready to cry. Her throat and stomach hurt and she had a low fever. Then I heard her cough. It sounded pretty bad. So given her history of asthma and pneumonia hospitalizations I thought it would be best to have her see our doctor. Threw in Oliver's ears for good measure. At the doctor's, 2 hours after ibuprofen, Rosa's temp was 104. Oliver's was fine. Turns out both kids have H1N1 with secondary infections. Rosa has pneumonia and an antibiotic and Tamiflu. Oliver just an antibiotic. I mentioned I have another 6 year old with history of lung issues, so he asked for a brief history and while I was talking he pulled up Owen's chart on the computer and scanned a few seconds and agreed that his history was significant enough he didn't have a problem prescribing Owen Tamiflu either. Apparently Tamiflu tastes like crud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment