Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Am Tired...

Official move in day was Friday. All I can say is that the kids have so many things. Many of the clothes are horrible, outdated and stained and ripped. Toys with a million pieces, some missing or broken. I am not a clean freak or super organized by any means, but the complete and utter trash these foster families moved with the kids is overwhelming. And everything they brought is "special," so with the transition of moving, I can't even get rid of it. But its all gross. I finally convinced Rosa to let me put some stuff downstairs in the basement. We are supposed to be cleaning out the basement and painting it with sealer so the contractor can finish off the front half. Who knows when that will get done. The hall bathroom finally got cleaned yesterday only because it overflowed...fun. Liam and Eddie will not take a nap in the same room. Now Eddie is in a playpen in our room for his naps. I will be hiring a high school girl or two to come watch them play outside or downstairs (if we ever get our part done first) so I can at least fold and put away a load of laundry or mop the kitchen floor or pee without being interrupted. I guess because we always had the weekdays to catch up it never seemed so overwhelming...

2 comments:

  1. Awww, hang in there, Sarah. I don't know if it gets "easier", but once you get a routine down, things will go smoother. Can Matthew help out with some of the chores? That may alleviate some of your stress........Hang in there, my friend. :)

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can come over on Thursday and help if you want.

    ReplyDelete