Friday, June 5, 2009

I Might Have Given The Impression I Was Losing It Last Time





That day, for sure, I was. Mostly things are good. A few meltdowns from Rosa and Oliver (mostly Oliver as he is always good for at least one daily freakout, usually about not wanting to take his time-outs...) but overall, it's good. I might have been a tad hormonal that day when I posted last, but it wasn't all me, the kids all had a big part in driving me to CrazyTown. I had caught up on laundry but I am no longer. I made my sister go grocery shopping for me today, since we were out of milk, bread, bananas, apples...basically anything you could make a meal with. $200 later I have a full fridge and some food in the freezer. That should last until Monday. Maybe. Just joking. I think.



Rosa's arm is splint free. The pins were removed Tuesday. Everything is healing fine so Dr. R didn't even want to cast it for a few more weeks. No bike riding, jungle gyms, trampolines, or tree climbing until her next appointment in 3 weeks. She kind of screamed some when he used pliers to pull out the pins. They wrapped it in an Ace bandage, but we've been unwrapping it daily to scrape off the lizard skin. Today she finally braved unwrapping it for real, so I think it should be good now.





The latest fun here involves searching the yard for tent caterpillars. Eddie carries the insect box and the other kids run around and point out caterpillars for Eddie to come pick up and put in the box. He really likes them. He gave one a kiss but it wriggled around and he screamed when it tried to climb up his face. He also really likes the boots. Tried to wear them to church.





By the way, that's a picture of "Mad Liam." He was grouchy I wanted to take his picture.

Now that school is over I'm trying to find some sort of routine or schedule. Just can't find the time to set something up...

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a great job, Sarah! Remember-if they have quiet time/rest, so should you! If Momma is not happy, nobody is!!!
    Unfortunately, laundry is the ONE thing I CANNOT keep up on. I *try* my hardest, but that is the first thing to be ignored. The only thing I can think of is wash their clothes by kid, not by colors. That was on the "18 kids and counting" show. She uses cold water for all the wash, so she mixes the colors and everything. So if you do Rosa's wash, when it comes out of the dryer, you can put it in "Rosa's" basket.....and that can go in her room, until you have time to fold it............IDK-just a thought.............

    annie

    ReplyDelete