Friday, June 5, 2009

Owen's Graduation



Yesterday was the last day of school. They don't go back until September 1. I see a very long summer ahead for us. After the All-School Mass, Owen's class had their graduation ceremony. Here he is trying not to smile to his family in the last row waving and whisper-shouting "Hi, Owen!" I asked him if he was nervous walking up to the front and he wasn't.



It was a pointless day of school. The kids got there around 7:20am. After hall prayer they had a graduation snack, then Mass at 8:30am. I hung around when I dropped them off at school to help with snack. Steve had to get Oliver, Teresa, Liam, and Eddie ready and packed up in the big van. They were arriving right as Father Phil was to start processing in. As Liam passed by him on the way to the cry room he shouted, "Hi Fodder Phil!" And then to Eddie he said, "I like Fodder Phil." Loud enough for at least the back of the church to hear. I guess Liam can be considered the entertainment.



For most of the school year we were planning on having Owen do kindergarten again, but these last few months he's really picked up and if we continue to work with him over the summer he should be able to do ok in first grade. So, on to first grade he goes. Yay Owen!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow-Congrats Owen!!!! You have come sooo far!!! :)

    Too cool about "Fodder Phil" LOL

    annie

    ReplyDelete